Former American congressman Frank Wolf, who ‘recently co-founded the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative and accepted an appointment to a newly endowed chair for religious freedom at Baylor University’, has suggested, together with his colleagues in the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative a six points plan for the preservation of Christians in Iraq. Here they are, as presented in a recent article in Christianity Today:
- Create the Nineveh Plains province in Iraq to shelter Christians and other minorities.
- Establish the Nineveh Protection Unit, a defensive National Guard. (This is already in formation.)
- Allow faith-based relief and development groups to operate openly in the region.
- Require the return of property, especially churches and monasteries, confiscated by the Islamic State.
- Require the Kurdistan regional government to insure religious freedom for all groups.
- Prosecute terrorists for crimes against humanity, war crimes, and if needed, for genocide.